To read archived messages from John and Lucinda, click on a month.

Update from Lucinda June 7, 2003

Dear Friends and Family,

Tull was a slacker and only walked about 70 ft. today (it is the weekend). Frank and
Toni came by. Frank has been a truly great friend by dealing with the mountains
of insurance paper-work and trying to make sense of it all.

We want to say a very special thank you to madame x (mdmx) who created and has
diligently updated this website for nearly 8 months. Her efforts have been far
beyond the call of duty. She was extra busy with business this past week and
her husband/business partner (dbx) was away working on a movie.

We read, talked and did range of motion exercises. More walking tomorrow.

John and Lucinda

Update from Lucinda June 13, 2003

Dear Friends and Family,

Tull is having phantom pain right now in his left leg. The rest of the day, however,
was much improved over yesterday. The docs confirmed that he has a staph
infection which was most likely caused by the previous picc line. He is on very
strong anti-biotics which seem to be working pretty well. He felt quite a bit
better today and was able to withstand therapy.

We are still on target to be released on the 18th, although he will have to
continue the intra-venous meds for a few weeks. We will need to have in-home
nursing to attend to the picc line and IVs.

John and Lucinda

Update from Lucinda June 18, 2003

Dear Friends and Family,

The test was unpleasant and long. Results were not conclusive, but still positive.
Tull will need to be on intravenous antibiotics for 5 more home.

226 nights in hospitals, 5 or 6 major holidays, a birthday, an anniversary, two
graduations, one grand-birth, 8 months income-free and unburdened of the
associated bourgeois activities (paying bills on time, shopping, etc.), not a
drop to drink....we go home tomorrow and start Phase 3 of Operation

With much love and gratitude,
John and Lucinda

Update from Lucinda June 19, 2003

Dear Friends and Family,

Just as our dear friend Judge E. said the other day, "Free at last, free at
last, thank God, I'm free at last." For all of you not from Texas (like Lucinda)
do check it out. This day is most significant.

We are both running on adrenalin. We are somewhat speechless.

Thanks to our very dear friends who made today so much easier than we thought it could
be. Thanks to all of you who helped bring us to this day. We are humbled by all
of you.

With more love and gratitude than you can imagine,

John and Lucinda

Update from Lucinda June 21, 2003

Dear Friends and Family,

We had a great day today. Wonderful friends have come in the last two days to help
with everything from cooking, cleaning closets, sweeping floors, moving more
furniture and helping to transfer Mr. Tull around the house. We also had
professional help for a couple hours a day who we have hired to assist in
showering, etc.

Things have stayed pretty busy and Tull has been up more than ever. He just loves
sitting in a chair or on a couch in our living room and looking out the windows
at the birds and the trees. Tonight we had diner out on the portal and it was
quite beautiful. We are both just starting to realize that we really have come

John and Lucinda

Update from Lucinda June 29, 2003

Dear Friends and Family,

It is Sunday night and we have spent a wonderful day in our home. We are both so very
happy to be here.

Good news: JHT's doc thinks that he looks great. He is amazed that he is even alive,
but commented that he still is one good looking guy even after all of this
(Lucinda agrees). Tull is walking very well with his PT and is so happy and
proud that he could just about burst. He LOVES being able to do this work at
his home.

We are very in love with each other and are so very happy to be in our house. We
have some unbelievable friends who have been here during this time when we have
been so in need of help. We have had great caregivers who we have hired. We are
not sure how we can thank all of you. Special thanks tonight to Talitha from
the United Church of Santa Fe and to Brenda and her church in Caribou, Maine.

John and Lucinda